This makes Cloud the sixth guest character to appear in the Smash series, following Solid Snake (in Super Smash Bros. Brawl), Sonic the Hedgehog, Rockman, Pac-Man and Ryu. His addition also makes Square Enix the fifth third-party collaborator to join the series after Konami, Capcom, Sega and Bandai Namco.
- Odin's Steel Bladed Sword slashes the main platform in two, also instantly KO-ing players who get caught by the blade; players who get trapped in the middle of the main platform as it reforms gets KO'd.
- Leviathan's Tidal Wave causes a tsunami that sweeps away whoever gets caught in it, the player who summoned Leviathan gets the points for the players washed away by the tsunami.
- Ramuh's Judgment Bolt manipulates the floating terrain with lightning, making players who pass through them take damage from the electricity, while the player who summons him remains unharmed.
- Ifrit's Hellfire moves the terrain itself while scorching it at the same time; anyone who gets close to the flames will take damage.
- Bahamut ZERO's Tera Flare homes in on a portion of the stage and engulf it in a destructive pillar of energy.
Endnote: It's been one year and a month since this game launched, and yet it's still continuing to be awesome! I won't have any second thoughts in nominating it among the greatest games of the decade.